We are a boutique technology firm that is well-established in the InfoSec community with a focus on both technology solution sales and professional services. We are headquartered in downtown Chicago, yet we are entirely virtual and service clients nationwide.
We're in search of an IT Security Consultant in the Chicago area with a specialty in Symantec Endpoint Protection and a passion for expanding their knowledge in other Symantec products and IT Security areas.
- Provide SEP subject matter expertise and thought leadership to guide customers through securing their systems
- Provide hands-on operational support and assistance with customers
- Assist and lead security incident response and remediation guidance with best practices
- Assist with writing IDS and IPS policies for SEP to meet SOX, PCI and other compliance requirements
- Assist with reviewing and optimizing protection policies as a subject matter expert
- Assist with forensic analysis
- Respond rapidly to technical support issues and interface with Symantec Support on escalations
- Liaison on behalf of customer with Product Management, Development, Backline Support and others within Symantec
- Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
- Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services
- Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels externally with the customer and internally within Symantec
- Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities
- A passion for security, learning, and knowledge sharing
- Ability to successfully work autonomously with core time management skills
- 3+ years administering, supporting or consulting on Symantec Endpoint Protection and related data security software products in an enterprise customer environment is required.
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, including: Incident Response and Remediation, Forensic Analysis, security tools such as security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, Backtrack, Encase, Helix, FTK
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns
- Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA
- Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies (BlueCoat), network protocols, and security architecture
- Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL or competitive database platforms
- Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware
- Advanced college coursework in Computer Science, Information Security or equivalent experience preferred
- Relevant industry standard certifications preferred (SANS, CISSP, C|EH, Etc..)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible schedule options outside of standard working hours when needed
- Superb written and verbal communications skills in English
We’re a boutique organization that invests heavily in our professional family, offering benefits like a strong collaborative culture, work from home, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, FSA and life benefits, and 401K.
Come join us!